Please ensure the Ethernet cable is plugged in and that the port where it is plugged in has both the amber and green lights lit.
If the Ethernet cable is plugged in correctly and does not have both lights lit:
- The unit is not connected to the network. Ensure the cable is functional and undamaged.
Press the "connect" button on the front of the unit.
- If the screen reads "DNS lookup failed"
- Please login to the unit via the IP address provided from pressing "info".
- Click on "Configure Unit"
- Click on the radio box "Use the following DNS server address" and set it to 220.127.116.11 (Google's public DNS server).
- Click "Save Settings". The device will save and restart.
- If the screen reads "Connection to CMS has failed"
- The unit is being blocked by the firewall from connecting to our server. Contact your IT department and give them the IP address provided from pressing "info". Let them know the unit should be white-listed to connect to device.premtech.com and should be allowed to download .MP3 files.
- If the screen reads "MP3 Block"
- Ask your IT department to ensure that the unit does not share an IP address with any other device on the same network.
- Also ask your IT department to ensure that .MP3 files are not being blocked by the firewall.